Knitting

One foot, two foot, three foot, four foot.

Thursday, April 12, 2012Unknown

"The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss was the first book I learned to read on my own as a child. Who would have though that could have translated into socks being one of my favourite things to knit. (or did it? who knows if the connection has merit.)

Anywhoo. I've been so busy this past week with school,(wrote three essays and had two exams to study for) with packing for the big move, and with life in general that I haven't had time for my knitting. I currently have two toe up pairs of socks on the go right now. One for my sister's birthday in August (I plan ahead) and one for my friend Sierra. Sadly, I think I messed up. These being my first toe up socks and just following the pattern instead of my gut may have ruined them. I'm knitting them at 60 sts instead of the 64 that I originally thought would work best for my feet. Also, on the knee high socks for Sierra, I think I might have started the gusset increases too soon and that they may be a bit too short in the foot area and a tad too tight. Since I'm half way finished her sock I'm going to grin and bear it and hope that it will loosen up a bit with blocking. If that doesn't work, there's going to be a lot of frogging and sobbing in the new house.

Sadly, these two pair of socks will be my 4th and 5th pairs and I still don't have a pair for my own feet! I know that I promised myself that I wouldn't start another project until I finished Sierra's socks and that I've been too busy to even think about knitting but I don't think these reasons are going to deter me. Just like that promise I made to myself that I would only ever have one pair of socks on the go since I would only ever knit them on circulars and I only had one circular... haha yeah right! I have 2 circulars and have knit a pair on dpns as well. And to top it all off, I just got Alice Yu's Socktopus in the mail and it has 17 pairs of gorgeous socks that I really do want to knit. No seriously, I would be ok knitting any of those 17 pairs. Cookie A's Knit. Sock. Love. is also calling my name. Those monkey socks sound like they are also calling my name.

Never mind that the stash is packed, I know once I'm finished this I'll go up stairs and try to select for myself the yarn that wants to be a pair of socks the most. And then I'll spend some time going through both books attempting to decide which pattern will compliment that yarn the best (Either Monkey or Farmer McGregor) and dig out the dpns and finally get to work on my new years resolution: Knit a pair of socks using only dpns.

Happy Crafting


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form