General Knitting

Happy (Belated) New Years!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013Unknown

I know I'm a little late but I had a number of other New Years Reservations that I needed to make good on first before I could come back and say hi. And don't you get upset that I neglected you over the holidays. You should know by now that you shouldn't poke the knitter between September and December. We're prone to hand cramps, lack of sleep, small stab wounds and the such. And while most of these happened, I'm happy to say (and kind of brag, just a wee bit) that I was actually finished my Christmas knitting early. As in before Christmas. As in before December! Boo-yeah!


Now that that's over here's a teeny recap of what went on:
I was able to see my dad and step-mom in early November and since I wasn't able to see them for actual Christmas I decided to get their things done early and gift them in person. Because you need to see the face of the recipient when you give a hand knit. 
I made my dad a pair of So Square Socks and they look like this.





















I made my step-mom the My Wish shawl by Laura Linneman. And here's the sneak peek I gave her. I forgot to take pictures. Oops.




















Then there's my mom's gift of holy crap awesomeness! I spun some Gnome Acres Superwash Merino/Bamboo/Nylon roving in the Roller Derby Diva Colourway and made it into the Comfort Cowl.
Here's the fluff and the finished cowl:








































I'm really happy with how this turned out. It's a two ply yarn that felt like it took forever but was totally worth it.

Next up are my sister's gifts. She received a pair of socks and matching wrist warmers and a Mini Fox Stole by Tiny Owl Knits. The socks and wrist warmers are made up patterns and out of Knit Picks Felici in the Goth colourway.

























































The mini fox is on the left and is made from fingering weight yarn and Mr. Fox is on the right and made from Cascade 128 which is a bulky yarn.

I also managed to finish a pair of Monkey Socks by Cookie A. and an entrelac scarf for my friend.

This has been your mini update on what went down over the holiday season. I'll try to keep up a regular blog schedule and possibly, maybe, start up a video podcast/vlog type of thing. But we shall see what the future holds. Next time: My actual New Years Reservations and what I've got on the needles.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form