General

Resolutions!

Thursday, January 24, 2013Unknown

I've decided to post my resolutions. This way I'm more accountable and I think this is a good thing. I have made and tried to keep resolutions before but I usually lose motivation a few months in. I'm not sure what that says about me. Am I just an unmotivated person, or do I just set my goals too high? This year, I've tried to keep things reasonable and practical.


Here it is:
1. Get fit and stay fit. I want to lose 10 or so pounds.
What I'm doing about this: 
I've gotten a new pair of running shoes, socks for running and some clothes. I've also gotten myself a gym membership and the Zombies, Run! app with an armband to keep my iPhone in place. I'm also making a real effort to eat better by limiting my red meat intake and focusing mostly on chicken and fish. This will give me the tools and the motivation to run and keep running.

2. Run at least one 5k race. 
What I'm doing about this:
See above!

3. Knit a sweater (or two)
What I'm doing about this:
I originally wanted to make Vivian by Ysolda Teague but it was a bit daunting. So, I've registered for the Cabled Sweater with Craftsy which is taught by Carol Feller. This is a different sweater, but I have enough yarn for this one as well and this should walk me through the construction of a sweater. If I run into any problems with this, I'm not left out to dry. I can ask my teacher for help at any point about anything. This must have been good for my confidence because I've already cast on and worked a but of the cables and I'm onto the waist shaping now!

4. Keep the house clean
What I'm doing about this:
Umm.. err.. yeah....

5. Finish my Clarus Shawl and start Lakeshore Shawl.
What I'm doing about this:
I'm distracted with my sweater now so nothing. But I do have the yarn and pattern for Lakeshore ready.

6. Double knit something!
What I'm doing about this:
Umm, I signed up for a Craftsy class and I'll get to it when I finish with my sweater.

7. Design my own Shawl
What I'm doing about this:
I've signed up for a Craftsy class (getting repetitive, isn't it?)

8. Design my own socks
What I'm doing about it:
Nothing yet, I just came up with that resolution. (and no, there isn't a Craftsy class for that)

9. Come up with ten resolutions
What I'm doing about it:
Thinking up a tenth right now

10. Spin a plied lace-weight yarn
What I'm doing about this:
Practice, practice, practice!


This is the short list with the things that don't include boring stuff like jobs and school which should inevitably happen anyways. If they don't happen, then it would be because things out of my control happened. Everything on the list is within my control and requires a decent bit of motivation. I'm focusing the most on the health goals because they are the most important. You can't knit unless you're healthy. Here's to hoping that I can get them all done!

What are your resolutions and how likely are you to keep them?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form