General Knitting

Random Saturday

Saturday, July 20, 2013Unknown



Ji and I have been feeling a bit under the weather for the past few days so nothing has gotten done. I haven't even gotten much of my yarny work done, which is pretty lazy on my part. I have had a bit of time for knitting though which is a nice change to the past few weeks. I started on and got a good inch and a half done on my Arenaria tank. For the size I'm making, the bottom hem is supposed to be about 35" around. I didn't measure, but I "tried it on" and I'm pretty sure it was closer to 45 or 50" around. It was massive! I even did a gauge swatch and blocked it and the swatch said I would be half a stitch too small! I'll try not to get into my rage about gauge swatches, but I'll have to do another one.

I pulled out my Wild Child Fair from KirbyWirby yarns and set to designing. I tried a bunch of different stitch patterns and found what I like. I'm pretty sure I've knit a whole sock once, but it's been all ripped out so I have nothing to show for it. Well, not nothing exactly. I do have a rough pattern written up. I just need to type it up and make it look pretty and get some lovely people to test my design out for me while I knit up my version for photos. This is my goal for this week.






















Today was the first day Ji and I were feeling a bit better so we went to see R.I.P.D. it was pretty ridiculous but I had a few good hours of movie theatre knitting time. I ended up stopping about 30 minutes form the end because I thought I had dropped a stitch. It's a good thing I did because it turns out I had dropped a stitch about an inch below. I now have a tight vertical row up my sock from where I picked up the stitch but it doesn't really bother me. I might try to even it out later or just hope it loosens up a bit with blocking.





















I realized this post is very here and there and random, but the title was a warning.

Also, these arrived :D
























Moo,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form