General Knitting

Too Late on a Friday

Friday, December 20, 2013Unknown

One of my new years resolutions for this year was to knit a sweater, as well as some other lofty goals that I'll touch on a bit in this post. (I do plan to do a goal review post soon.) This year I managed to cast on and knit a few inches of a crazy cabled sweater. That for me is a bit of a success but I got scared off by the waist shaping.

Being a big chicken, I ran to the Amy Herzog craftsy class. I decided I would watch the videos and then work on the Ginny cardigan. Once I finished an easier sweater I could go finish my cabled one. Good plan, but I only got half way through the videos. Well there's always next year.

Another one of my goals was to do a colourwork piece. My friend, Elly, hat just designed a colourwork sock pattern and has asked me to test knit it for her (it's also in a knit purl version but I thought it was time to face my fears). So here I sit, 5 days until Christmas and 12 days until the new year (my birthday, yay!) and I have a cm of the ribbing done. I will not finish before the year is over but I want to ask you... Does this count? I started them in 2013 but will not finish until 2014. Which year do they count for in your books?




Also, what do you think of the new layout?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form