My Twilight Socks! (They don't sparkle)

Monday, October 10, 2011Unknown

It took me about a month and 12-20 hours (I didn't count since they were knit on the bus and other odd places) I finished my first pair of socks! And I've been bitten by the socks knitting bug! I used the twilight pattern from the two-at-a-time socks book and I've learnt a few things. I now have my two skeins of yarn in a ziplock bag with two holes out the bottom. This way they can't roll around and get tangled which was the hardest part of knitting 2 socks at a time.
I also got stuck on the gusset decrease because I didn't read and wasn't sure which part of the sock was the instep so I had to put them down for a few days before I decided I should read the instructions. So I got that down and then it was all good. My favourite part was turning the heel though. It was like magic. I was just knitting along and BOOM! heel is done.
I made a few changes to the pattern. First, I shortened the ribbing because I got bored and wanted to get on with my socks. I also shortened the leg because I prefer ankle socks. But I knitted a medium size which turns out, is a size 10 mens and not a size 9 women's so I had to give them to my fiancee. Good thing I didn't knit my first pair in pink! Now I'm going to be knitting a second pair for my grandpa because he would really appreciate them. The stitch pattern is quite unisex, it really depends on the colour way you decide on and my fiancee thinks they're more fun than other boring men's socks and loves them! I guess I'll have to see how long they last since he goes through other socks quite quickly.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form