General

Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 12, 2013Unknown

I hope all the moms out there are having a wonderful day. And I hope those of you that knit are able to get some relaxing knitting time in whether or not you're a mom.


Morher's day is one of those holidays that I just don't knit for. Unlike most people who have one mom and shower her with knitted goodness all year around, I have three moms and a grandma and an aunt. Let me explain. 

I was a pretty wild child in my teen years. Things were rough at home and I always had my grandma or my aunt to fall back on. I lived with my grandparents a few times during those rough years and they were always there for me. I know I was rough on them as well (and I've apologized profusely for it). So I count my grandma as one of those super important motherly figures in my life. (She got a card this year because I have a special gift for her birthday which is in a few months). 

My Aunt Laurie has been there for me as well. I always loved visiting because my Uncle Kenny is into computers and great with a guitar. I took a few guitar lessons from him it he taught me so much about working on a PC and that put me into my career path. My Aunt, is the only other knitter in my family and gave me my first hand knit gifts. I remember riding down to get place to visit while things at home weren't great. It was really nice to just talk to someone and she really cared about me. She would always ask about school and home life and give me advice. She even offered to let me live there for a bit while things got crazy. It never happened but it means a lot that she offered. 

Then there's Lucy, my dads wife. I ended up living with my dad before I went off to University. I was with this horrid guy who wanted me to move to the states and live with him. I almost did it too. But Lucy sat me down and had a chat with me. She told me to remember that I've always wanted to go to school and I shouldn't sacrifice that for some guy. There were some other personal stories there too. So thanks to Lucy, I'm with the love of my life now. She's one if the most caring people I know and I'm glad to have her in my life. It would be so much worse without her. 

Then we have my mother in-law. She is a super sweet and caring person. She makes it a lot easier for me to be living so far away from my family. Every girl needs someone to call for coffee when things are wrong, or even just a chat. I am so fortunate to have a wonderful woman like her in my life. 

And of course I have my mom. She raised me with a good set if values and taught me to be strong and independent. She kissed my scrapes and taught me that words do hurt but we can't let them. She has made some tough decisions with only her kids in mind and I'm thankful for that. She has sacrifices so much for me and my sister and I miss her thoroughly. I hope to visit soon. Love you mom. 

So with all of these wonderful women in my life it would be impossible to knit my thank yous for all of the amazing women in my life who have helped to form me into the woman I am today. 

Thank you. 

Also, have a puppy. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form