General Knitting

Recovery Period

Thursday, May 23, 2013Unknown

I'm slowly getting over my sickness and am starting to get back into my knitting. I've turned my heel on my PB&W socks and am trying to get those finished up asap. There are about a billion other projects breathing down my neck and whispering in my ear while I'm sleeping in an attempts to get cast on. So many yarns and so many new patterns coming out. It feels like the spring/summer season is one of the busiest for pattern releases and new yarns to come out. It is because they are trying to get us to keep knitting during the summer?

In an attempts to get myself more organized for the upcoming events, cast ons, projects, and even new podcast episodes, I'm making a real effort to get my craft room fully cleaned up and in use. I would like to eventually have access to my sewing machine because I would like to, eventually, make myself a few project bags and maybe a dpn case or something. I've cleaned the closet and sort of organized the cubicles. Now I need to clean off my table, sewing table and the corners that are full of mostly empty boxes. A clean craft room leads to a happy crafter.

There are about a million things coming up. In June and July Just One More Row, The Knitabulls, and the Penguin Soup Podcast are having a self striping KAL! Break out your needles and Kirby Wirby (or other self striping dyer) and get ready to cast on! You can triple dip with this!

At the end of June there is the Tour de Fleece, which runs alongside the Tour de France. You're supposed to hop on your spinning wheel (or grab your spindle) and spin alongside the riders. You spin on the days they ride and rest when they rest. On their long days you're supposed to spin more than you usually do as well. There are a lot of different ways you can participate as you set your own goals. Some people try to spin a certain weight or yardage, others try to spin up a whole fleece. I'm going to try to spin every day they are riding since I haven't been spinning a lot lately. I might need to get a few new rovings to help motivate myself. I'm going to be putting together a Penguin Soup groups as well.

There is also camp loopy. I believe it has already started but you can still join in. There are different challenges to complete each month with prizes, discounts, and other stuff to be had from The Loopy Ewe.

There are always swaps where you craft and buy items and trade them with other people. There are a bunch of groups that have swaps and some ravelry groups are even specifically just for swaps.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of other KALs and events to keep you busy throughout the summer. I'm going to be working on a few patterns to release and maybe some other stuff. And if you get bored, there's always Christmas knitting.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form