General KAL

New Yarn and MKAL!

Saturday, March 23, 2013Unknown

So apparently I was a really good girl today because hubby got me a new yarn! It's Storybook Art & Fibre's Luxury Sock in the Mist colourway. It looks a little summin summin like this:




















It is dyed locally (ish) in Teulon, Manitoba and all of her colourways remind me of Manitoba in some way. I've used this yarn before but in her sunset colourway for a pair of socks before. The yarn really does make me think of a Manitoban sunset. This Mist colourway makes me think of a misty Manitoban morning when the sun hits the mist that's hanging low upon the wheat crops. And yes, I have been up that early, and yes, it was terrible!!

Anyways, I talked hubby into this yarn because I'm joining Laura Nelkin's new mystery knit-along! I've decided to use this colour combo:



















The solid colour is Dream in Colour Smooshy in the Bermuda Teal colourway and some Malabrigo Sock in the Rayon Vert colourway. I won the Malabrigo sock in a Sock Bunny giveaway about a year and a half to two years ago. I've been saving it for something special for myself but it was the only colourway that I had that worked with my solid yarn for the mkal. I was so sad to use the special yarn that I needed to replace it with a new special yarn, hence the Storybook yarn.

I'm having amkal knit-along (yes, kind of redundant) in my Penguin Soup ravelry group. Those who finish on schedule and post a picture are entered to win a shawl  pattern of their choice. Go sign up!


Also, those are some sa-weet Knitter's Pride Karbonz needles!! I'm pretty excited to try them out since they're supposed to be flexible and warm and pointy and just slippery but in a good way and all those things a good set of needles should be. (Run on sentence, I know. Ignore it.) I've heard that they're super awesome needles and have a good price point. I would love to some day try Signature needles but at $50 a pop for a set of 5, I don't think that's happening anytime soon. Although, if they would like to send a pair for me to review, I would like the 2.5mm needles, thank you!!!

I realize that this is a bit of a badly written blog post. Sorry about that. I've got sweater calculations on the brain and a puppy trying to get his face as close to mine as possible.



















Kind of like he is doing to my Cloudlover fibre as I was trying to photograph it.


See you Monday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form