Knitting

The Swatch Gods

Tuesday, March 19, 2013Unknown


I know you already know this (because you are smart knitter), and that I've already mentioned it in a previous post, but it must be brought up again. The importance of swatching and how it always always lies to you! That's right, I swatched for my large Clarus shawl (at least I think I did), and I did it my proper cheating way. I even ran all my yarn through my yard counter thingy and it said I had about 5-10 yards more than the project called for. It was going to be close, but I should be able to finish it.

Well, last night the unthinkable happened. I ran out of yarn on the 13th row out of 26 for the boarder of my shawl. I guess I should have seen it coming, but I purposely made sure that wouldn't happen. I was so confident in my swatching and counting abilities that I never ever checked how much yarn was left until it fell out of the bag while I was recording Episode 4. Either I was destined to fail, or I failed because I did see the amount of yarn left and started to doubt myself. I'm choosing to believe it was because of the ladder.

Hubby is being nice and breaking my yarn fast so I can get the yarn I nee to finish this damn thing. I think he feels sorry for me since I've been working on this thing forever May 18, 2012. And this past week and a half I've been talking about how awesome it will be to have it finished. And last night I get to the end of the row and let out an exacerbated f***.

Here's a picture of it stretched out as far as my cable will let me.


Isn't it so pretty? I really do love this green.

And here's my pitiful pile of yarn that's left.
Yes, those are penguin pjs :)

And no, at this point I don't care if the dye lot doesn't match. It's the border so no one will notice, right?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Newsletter

Contact Form